DelVal BMW CCA – Lightning DE sponsored by Otto’s
August 13 - August 14$549
Join us August 13th and 14th, 2022 at New Jersey Motorsports Park/ Lightning Course for the Delaware Valley Chapter BMW CCA 14th Annual Lightning Driver’s School.
Join us for a weekend of DRIVING FUN AND LEARNING!
We will have lots of experienced BMW CCA in-car instructors and classroom instruction paired with maximum track time.
|Last day to register:||Sunday, Aug 7, 2022|
Student Cost for Saturday/Sunday: $599
Early Bird Special price until 6/29: $549
Late Registration price after 7/27: $629
Instructor Cost for Saturday/Sunday: $195 (FREE FOR FIRST 30 INSTRUCTORS TO REGISTER!)
Young drivers (under age 25) are eligible for a $50 discount at DelVal events (proof of age is required, not combinable with first time discount below.)
Shirts – A commemorative event t-shirt is often included in our events. We reserve the right to substitute an item other than a t-shirt. Commemorative items are not a guaranteed element of your registration.
Please keep in mind that this is not a racing school but rather a high speed driving school, conducted on a race track under close supervision by experienced instructors. You will learn how to handle and control your vehicle at speeds not normally attained on public roads. This will help to prepare you for emergencies in normal driving. It will also allow you to explore your capabilities as a driver and those of your vehicle.
At no time will you be pushed or encouraged to go any faster than is comfortable for you. All participants will be organized into run groups in accordance with experience, skill, and type of vehicle. Participants not “signed off” will be required to drive with an instructor on board.
- Participation in Delaware Valley Chapter Driver Schools is limited to BMW CCA Members only. Proof of BMW CCA Membership is required and may be verified. Join BMW CCA online or call the National Membership toll free number 1-800-878-9292. However,while we strongly encourage membership, non-BMW CCA members are welcome to participate for their FIRST event. Membership is required for participation in all subsequent events.
- Participants must be 18 yrs old or more and hold a valid Driver’s License. This may be verified at registration at the track.
- We recommend that you have your vehicle inspected by a qualified mechanic no more than 30 days prior to the date of the event.
- You must present your completed Student Tech Form or Instructor Tech Form to the tech inspector prior to event registration at the track. (Do not mail your Tech to the registrar.)
- Once your Tech Form has been approved by the tech inspector, you must present the form and your completed Medical Form to the registrar to obtain your registration packet.
- We require equal passenger restraint (minimum 3 point).
- This is a driver’s education school and is not practice for any racing or speed contest. All participants are required to attend classroom sessions to learn vehicle dynamics and driving techniques. These sessions will continue throughout the day to help you understand the fine art of high speed driving. Failure to attend as required will result in loss of driving privileges.
- Clothing – Shirts and long pants are required (no tank tops, sleeveless shirts or shorts.) We recommend cotton or natural fibers.
- Helmet – The state of New Jersey requires a full-face helmet with face shield installed (you do not have to use the face shield in a closed-top car). Open-face helmets are not permitted for this event. SNELL 2015 OR NEWER HELMETS REQUIRED.
- Seatbelts – The state of New Jersey requires that aftermarket belts be less than 2 years old (SFI approval) and less than 5 years old (FIA Approval).
- Cars must be muffled.
- After-market window tinting / rear & side glass – you must be able to see through the vehicle while standing 20 feet away. Since it may be difficult to assess whether your aftermarket window tinting is allowed it is strongly recommended that if you have any doubts that you contact Tech Chairman, Dave Somma, prior to the event to have the tinting inspected and approved. email@example.com
- SUV’s are not eligible. If you’re not sure if your vehicle qualifies, contact Tech Chairman, Dave Somma, prior to the event.
- No Convertible Cars Allowed
Pre-event tech inspection and registration will be at the track on Saturday, August 13th starting at 7:00 a.m. (Registration and event tech inspection on the evening before the event will be announced closer to the date of the event).