High Performance Driver Schools – Student Resource Center
The DelVal chapter Student Resource Center (SRC) is entering its fourth year of service to the DelVal high performance driver school community and is now under the guidance of Student Resource Center Chair Victor Adby.
The SRC’s “twin peaks” pop-up tent at the event is staffed throughout the day by friendly and knowledgeable volunteers who provide students of all skill levels and guest instructors with a central location in the paddock or garage to obtain assistance if they have a question about the event or they encounter a mechanical issue that they can’t handle themselves.
The SRC program consists of the following:
- Pre-event e-mail blast(s) informing students and instructors about the SRC
- Announcements during the morning meetings with students and instructors about the SRC
- A pop-up tent in the paddock (or designated area within the garage) staffed throughout the day by knowledgeable volunteers to answer questions or assist with any issues encountered by students or instructors
- Plenty of opportunities for socializing with other first-time or more experienced students and instructors
- Free lunch for novice, new, and interested students (only on the first day of the event)
- Free water
We’ve received positive feedback about the SRC from first-time students who appreciate the fact that there’s a social component of the event where they can socialize in between classroom and on-track sessions, experienced students who use the SRC to locate spare parts or technical assistance to save their weekend, and less mechanically-inclined instructors who have referred students to the SRC if they suspected there was a problem with the student’s car.
We’re here if you need us.
For more information about the SRC, visit us under the “twin peaks” at the track or contact the Student Resource Center Chair Victor Adby (email@example.com).